Friday, March 27, 2009

My Letter From The Easter Bunny

It's finally Easter season, and time for the holiday that tries so damned hard to be another Christmas - but I personally just can't get past all the ugly pastel decorations. While going through a box of old cards and letters recently I came across this curious artifact from my sordid  past...an actual letter from the Easter Bunny - addressed to me from a P.O. Box in Wilkes-Barre, PA.Apparently, this rabbit (aka my good friend) lives in Bunny Land and can take time out from his duties–preparing for this long trip–to write to ME. He knows I've been good? He also dispenses free medical advice as you can see for yourself below.
Well, I never did get baskets of candy after I figured out it was all a lie - but somehow this letter has magically stayed with me throughout the years as a reminder of that childhood innocence and gullibility that we all lose somewhere along the way to adulthood. Happy Easter season, kids – enjoy the peeps and the hollow rabbits. It's gonna be over before you know it.

3 comments:

Vintage Disneyland Tickets said...

What do you mean its all a lie?? There's not really an Easter Bunny? Are you gonna try and tell us the no Santa Claus either! Cute post, thanks!

Writer said...

There IS an Easter Bunny...he's just made of chocolate and we get to bite his head off in some sick-twisted Christian/Pagan yearly ritual...tee hee.

Anonymous said...

he is real