Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Fonzie for President

Dozens of die-hard HAPPY DAYS fans lined the Milwaukee River on Tuesday to cheer the unveiling of a bronze statue of The Fonz. Henry Winkler was there, joined by Tom Bosley, Marion Ross and the show's creator Garry Marshall, along with Penny Marshall and Cindy Williams from the spin-off LAVERNE & SHIRLEY. This reminds me of the time a ten year old named Doug wrote Mr. Winkler a fan letter, and all he got back was a order form from "Thumbs Up Productions" for a Fonzie t-shirt. Very sad.

2 comments:

Jeff said...

That 10 year old Doug story is sad. I bet he never even got that letter. You should write him again! I've heard he's very good about autographs. According to fanmail.biz you can write him at

Henry Winkler,
PO Box 49914,
Los Angeles
CA 90049
USA

Doug said...

Dear Mr. Winkler,

You don't know me but I wrote you a fan letter 34 years ago. I used to think you were cool (and I may have had a little schoolboy crush on you), but now you frighten me. Can I have that autograph now? Aaaayyyyy!

Thumbs up! ;)